Thursday 2 September 2010

Monster birthday

A quick birthday card for a six year old boy!

I used a handy trick to get the whole of my 5" square card front embossed. It does need a folder that you can use sideways on (so wording ones are no good to you, for example, unless you want your wording to run vertically on the card, of course). Put your cardstock into the folder and run it through your die cutter - you'll have a strip hanging out of the folder that doesn't get embossed. Now put that plain bit into the folder and run it through the die cutter again - this time it will be the bit you embossed in the first step that's haning out of the folder. I tend to reverse the rollers once I've embossed the bit I need to rather than running right through. For a design like this where you stick a strip of something over the top, any "join" in the embossing is hidden.

Stamps:
Little Guy (Kim Hughes Collection from Cornish Heritage Farms)
Alpha stamps (unknown maker)

Paper:
Textured green and orange, both Papermill
Smooth white

Ink:
Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Espresso)
Versafine by Tsukineko (Onyx Black)

Other:
Small circle punch
Circle Nestabilities by Spellbinder
Circle cutter by Fiskars
Copic markers
Dymo label maker and tape
Copic multiliner
Corner Chomper
Cuttlebug embossing folder (Traffic Jam)


Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Karen said...

Wonderful card for a 6yr old Joanne...love the bouncing monster X

cookcreateread said...

Love it Joanne! Just perfect :)

Hearts Turned said...

Such a cute card, Joanne! He'll love it!

Hope you're doing well, my friend!

Julie

Lisa Silver said...

That monster always makes me smile... he's so cute in a crazy way! This is a darling card for a little guy!

I hope you've been well! Missing chatting with you all the time!

hugs,
lise

Heavenly Anarchist said...

Such a cool card and ideal for a boy's birthday - my 6 year old would love it.

Kristine Reynolds said...

Very Very cute!!!

Dotty Jo said...

I must try that tip Joanne, especially if it turns out as good as on your card! Love that monster, Jo x

Andrea C said...

wow this is a great card for a little boy, fantastic x

Kaz said...

That's fab Joanne, perfect for a 6 year old x

itsallrosi said...

love this, Joanne!

sam21ski said...

What a fab card xxx

Carrie said...

That is such a cute idea for a card! All your cards are beautiful. I'm glad I came upon your site. It has given me great ideas. I actually was searching for We R Memory Keepers, but then landed on your site somehow and glad I did. Thanks!

Sid said...

Fab card, love the monster !!

Janice said...

Cute card

Traceyr said...

Joanne lovely monster card and great technique thanks.

:)

Kathy said...

This is soooo cute! love your little monster and the different wording styles. I've used that technique too - I love the effect

Anonymous said...

Brilliant card for a 6 year old! x

Deborah said...

He's going to LOVE it! I love the monster myself.

Hazel said...

I love the way you've used the embossing folder for this - super boy card x