Sunday 19 September 2010

Merry and Bright

I recently saw Paula do a card for "one layer Wednesday" and thought it looked a fun challenge so I'm joining in this week. Susan Rahalia (if you're on Splitcoast Stampers you might know her as Lateblossom) has a lovely sense of style and proportion in her cardmaking and on Wednesday each week she's setting a challenge for a one layer card (or a no layer card, depending on your point of view - basically a card base without any extra papers etc stuck on).

This week is "Three plus one" - three images, one sentiment. I went back to one of the very first stamp sets I ever bought and made a Christmas card. I tied in with Kaz's challenge on Bubbly Funk to use bright, funky colours this month.

I stamped the trees in a bright green ink and then added spots of pink pearl dimensionsal paint over the baubles and sprinkled fuschia pink glitter over while the paint was wet. The pink of the sentiment matches better in real life - dull Northumberland day here means tricky getting a decent photo!

Stamps:
Christmas tree by Skipping Stones

Paper:
Smooth white

Ink:
Versacraft by Tsukineko (Spring Green and Cherry Pink)
Adirondack by Ranger (Espresso)

Other:
Pearl dimensional paint by Dylon
Microfine glitter
Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)


Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the challenge, Susan!

10 comments:

Kaz said...

It's lovely Joanne - I love clean and simple cards, they look so classy x

Hearts Turned said...

Wonderful card, Joanne! Your style is always so clean & lovely, my friend...a tough one for me (as you well know!)

Hope your weekend is going beautifully!

Julie

cookcreateread said...

Wow Joanne, so simple but so stunning! Love it :)

Anonymous said...

simple and classy...like it!

Sid said...

Love your simple card, it's so very effective !!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Beautiful CAS card, Joanne! Love how the ornaments turned out. :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute Christmas tree. I thought there was no such thing as a unique one, after all these years of looking at Christmas tree stamps. thanks for inspiration!

jaine drake said...

How cute and simple. It really works keeping it simple and graphic.

Di said...

Oh this is fabulous Joanne. I keep trying to do clean and simple...you do it so well xx

Marcy said...

I really like the dimension on your sweet trees. I'm thinking they look a little gnomish. Every time I make a one-layer card I think, "I should do that more!" and then - I don't, but I should. Thanks, as always, for the inspiration!