Tuesday 2 February 2021

Link in the chain - January

It’s reveal day over at Card Chain Challenge. Mine has gone over the Pond to Janis this time. 

I think I must be feeling nostalgic, I’ve decided to make a conscious effort to revisit some of my older supplies this year. This is one of the very first stamps I owned and was certainly in my first batch of stamps from the much missed Cornish Heritage Farms. The options I chose from this month’s CCC choices were flowers, the sketch, colour palette of kraft/blossom/gold and the product options of colouring and stencil. 

This did start life as a single layer on a kraft base but it looked a bit dull and I thought mounting it as a slightly smaller panel on a white base might give it a bit of a lift. I kept the circles subtle by brushing tone on tone ink through holes die cut in a piece of acetate and used coloured pencils on the kraft paper for the flowers in their jar. 

Stamps:
Daisy Jar (Cornish Heritage Farms, no longer with us)

Paper:
Bristol board
Kraft

Gold glitter card

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Chocolate)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Antique Linen, Vintage Photo)

Other:
Coloured pencils
Home made stencil (acetate cut with various circle dies)
Hello die (Waltzingmouse Stamps, no longer with us) 
Stitched rectangle A6 size dies (Paper Rose)

There are still a few days to sign up for the next chain if you fancy making and sending a card and getting one from another of the lovely participants.

6 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I love this one, the stamp is gorgeous and looks so pretty in pink which works really well with the kraft card. I think you are right as it looks good with the white frame. Love the bubbles too xx

Suze said...

This is lovely. I like the subtle circles and the shading that you did on them. Lovely image too - nothing wrong with visiting older supplies (should do it myself more often).

Debbie said...

great card - love the bubbles /bokeh

Wavejumper said...

I like your idea to mount on white. Makes the kraft pop more and pulls out the white highlights.

Sweet card. :)

hugs Margot

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a lovely take on the sketch with the bubbles coming from the mason jar bouquet, Joanne - love it!!

papierelle said...

Your card is stunning!! I love the background design and the delicate coloring.