Friday 5 February 2021

February elements

It’s the first Friday of the month so it must be an elemental challenge over at Daring Cardmakers - my turn to host and I’ve taken inspiration from the month to put together our inspiration photo.  Violet and amethyst are February’s flower and gemstone, it’s usually cold and wet so curling up with a book is a good option but thoughts are starting to turn to gardening or beach walks if you’re lucky enough to live close to one. 

As usual, choose at least three elements from the picture to kick start your project. I chose a shell, book text, amethyst colour gems and a “hello” sentiment. 

I stamped the shell on the book page (taken from a book that was too shabby to give to a charity shop when we did a cull recently), painted over with gesso then stamped again once dry and shaded with Copic markers. I did try a version without the gesso but the detail of the stamp didn’t work well with the text showing through. 

Stamps:
Coquillage #2 (Carabelle Studio)
Essential Messages (Hero Arts, retired)

Paper:
Bristol board
Old book page

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Chocolate)
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide by Ranger (Wilted Violet)

Other:
Copic markers
Gesso
Cressida stencil
Nail art gems

Here's the inspiration photo for February:

Thanks for stopping by, hope you are keepign safe and well.

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Another beautiful card, Joanne! Love how you used the inspiration. My mojo has seriously left the building so I'll go take a look at this challenge to see if it helps, Jo x

Wavejumper said...

I am learning..I would not have thought about gesso on the book page-I have not worked with gesso yet.

Nice card. I like the hex pattern against the written word. And the aged page color is nice with both the purple and the shell.

Early spring makes me think of another purple-lilacs-my mom's favorite along with Lily of the Valley.

hugs Margot

papierelle said...

It's an interesting challenge, I haven't even heard of it. I like your implementation of the picture very much, I like the shell very much, it looks very plastic!!

Rosmarie said...

Wow, this looks awesome and you really did a great job with the inspiration photo!! Rosi x