Friday 26 February 2021

Fairy tales

Rizwana has set the challenge for us over at Daring Cardmakers this week and as it’s National Tell a Fairy Tale day she’d like to see cards inspired by favourite fairy tales. 

I opted for something a little more generic but I think dragons definitely count as fairy tale! I bought the dragon stamps many years ago (when it was still Elusive Image, not Chocolate Baroque) but I think this is the first time this one has seen ink. I’m still enjoying delving quite deliberately into older supplies - apart from the dragon, the little reader made his first appearance on this blog in 2008!

My Copics haven’t had a workout for a while so I coloured the images with those. I thought doing the dragon in shades of grey might make him look as if he’s emerging from the imagination of the little reader.  I stamped the reader first, masked him and stamped the dragon in the background with grey ink. 

Stamps:
Story of Me  (Crafty Secrets, no longer with us)
Here Be Dragons (Chocolate Baroque)
Storybook (Cornish Heritage Farms, no longer with us)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)
Hero Arts shadow ink (Soft Granite, Charcoal)

Other:
Copic markers
Corner Chomper 
White paint pen by Posca

See which fairy tales my teamies were inspired by here! Thanks for stopping by. 

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a gorgeous card - the dragon is perfect. Such a fab scene, Jo x

Wavejumper said...

This is my fav for the year so far...I love it!

The dragon definitely looks like it is in his imagination. Beautiful coloring-he has an ethereal look. What a great reader!

xo Margot

Cherish Designs said...

I love this card with the little boy and his books. It shows how their imagination is sparked whilst reading. Beautiful colouring, the dragon looks fab. Thanks for joining in the fun xx Rizwana

Jeanne H said...

This is a really wonderful card. Great coloring.