Tuesday 2 April 2024

Card chain challenge — March

It’s reveal day at Card Chain Challenge — 35 cardmakers signed up to make a card and send it off to the next link in the chain this time! Mine went to Viv so it didn’t have too far to travel.

From the options on offer I chose the sketch and the technique option of block and string stamping. I wanted to stick with the circular elements of the sketch so I actually used a cotton reel as my block and wrapped string through the hole to make a sort of sunburst pattern. A bit of extra inking through a circular aperture in my trusty piece of acetate accentuated the pattern. Gnomie is stamped and masked before adding the background elements. 

I thought green and orange would be good colours for spring and it was only afterwards it made me think of carrots (for the Easter bunny?).

Stamps:
Pointy hat gnome (Lost Coast Designs)
Say It Loud (Waltingmouse Stamps, no longer with us)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:

Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide by Ranger (Cracked Pistachio)

Other:
Copic markers
String wrapped round a cotton reel
Corner Chomper

Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

I love your gnom card! It's so cute!

papierelle said...

Cute gnome card and awesome design!!

Ellibelle said...

What a fun card design and loving that gnome!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun card with your jaunty gnome in orange. What a great technique used for your spiky circles, they make a great background for your little guy! Julia xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great take on the sketch, Joanne! Just love how you created the star burst grid and your gnomie is adorable!!

HilaryJane said...

The cotton real and string idea was ingenious and it looks amazing. Wish I could think of things like that. Love your gnome too xx

Greta said...

What a fun use of the sketch, Joanne!

Arlene said...

I love the gnome, so very cute and perfect in his pointy hat. You were terrific at using that block and string technique. I just had not idea on how to use it, but you conquered it with your creativity.

Jeanne H said...

Ohh, I really like your card!

crafty-stamper said...

Very clever love the string through the cotton reel and the cute gnome.
Carol x