Friday 7 April 2023

Elements for April

 Dawn is setting our first challenge of the month over at Daring Cardmakers — as ever with our “elemental” challenges, just choose at least three elements from the inspiration picture to include in your project. 

I chose a hedgehog, spotty toadstools, colours, woodgrain and leaves. I haven’t used pencils on kraft for ages, it was nice to revisit that and I’ve always thought the combination of balloons and hedgehogs has a delightful optimism about it! I got this set ages ago from someone who was clearing out and haven’t got round to using it until now. I don’t think this stamp has ever been off the backing sheet, I had a real struggle to peel it off without damaging it. Got there in the end and hopefully it will be a bit easier next time.

Here in the UK hedgehogs will be coming out of hibernation around now, if you have local ones you could make sure they have access to drinking water (put out a shallow dish) even if you don’t want to risk attracting other critters by putting food out. If you do want to put food out, apparently the best choice is a meaty (as opposed to fishy) cat food or kitten biscuits — no matter what we were told as kids don’t be tempted to put out bread and milk as hedgehogs are lactose intolerant!

Stamps:
Critter Party (Penny Black Transparent)
Spring Trees (Cornish Heritage Farms, no longer with us)

Paper:
Bristol board
Kraft

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)

Other:
Coloured pencils
Stitched rectangle dies A6 size (Paper Rose)
Phrases I dies (Spellbinder)
Festive Rose dies (Sue Wilson/Creative Expressions)
Pinewood Planks embossing folder (Stampin’ Up)


4 comments:

Shabneez said...

This is so adorable Joanne. You've inspired me to colour on kraft as not done it in ages! Shabneez x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a darling hedgie floating over the mushroom patch, Joanne - love your coloring on kraft!!

Wavejumper said...

Super cute! I love the old PB hedgies. :) You might want to peel all of them off that backing. I think it will be ok now. I really like the pencil on kraft too.

Who knew about how to feed a hedgehog? I am jealous of people who have them.

hugs Margot

Dawn said...

Your card is so sweet. I love the little hedgehog floating away with the balloon.