Friday 14 April 2023

Bloom and grow

Dawn is setting our challenge at Daring Cardmakers this week — she’d like to see what we have planned for the garden as we move in to spring and then summer. 

We have a glorious poppy patch just at the front of our house, I look forward to them bursting forth each year (usually early to mid May so not too long to wait now, the leaves are up already). That made me chose this lovely Indigo Blu stamp to make a card for my aunt who has a round number birthday coming up. I stamped once, masked and stamped again for extra abundant poppies!

A base layer of Copic colour got topped up with pencil shading and a few pearl dots to finish it off.

Stamps:
Poppycock (Indigo Blu)
Big Day Today (Waltzingmouse Stamps, no longer with us)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)

Other:
Coloured pencils
Copic markers 
Pearl pen by Viva Decor (Ice White)
Corner Chomper 

4 comments:

Shabneez said...

This is beautiful Joanne. I love your floral creations so much. Shabneez x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous poppies, Joanne, & I love how you did the blue highlights!!

Wavejumper said...

This is so vibrant! But red poppies deserve no less..they are fabulous and I am jealous that you have them. We tried here several times and rarely got them.

Beautiful card! That blue is a fav combo with me for red.
hugs Margot

Dawn said...

These images of poppies are just stunning. I have orange poppies that grow every year by my front door. I just let them do their thing and they never disappoint.