Friday 16 September 2022

Words of comfort

At Daring Cardmakers this week, we’re reflecting on the UK’s national sense of loss and mourning as we say farewell to Queen Elizabeth II. We’d like to see cards offering comfort for those experiencing loss or a difficult time in their lives.

I tend to opt for simplicity when I make sympathy cards and this is no exception, just simple stamping, inking and a tiny bit of pattern added with a stencil.  

Stamps:
Nature I (Indigo Blu)
Sentiment from Big Day Today (Waltzingmouse Stamps, no longer with us)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Tumbled Glass, Bundled Sage)

Other:
Cressida Stencil (Memory Box)
Corner Chomper
 

Thanks for stopping by.  




2 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So beautiful with that soft stenciling on the side, Joanne! Love this and again so sorry for the loss of your dear Queen!

Wavejumper said...

I like simple when it come to sympathy cards. These are soothing tones and a nice simple image. I was just saying to someone that I feel like a "global constant" has been lost with the Queen. She has been there my whole life. I share in your country's sadness. hugs Margot