Friday 23 September 2022

Changing seasons

Our challenge at Daring Cardmakers this week is being set by Dawn and she’d like to see something influenced by the changing seasons.

I’ve opted for the obvious autumnal feel and also combined with the current challenges at Let’s Squash It (emboss two thirds of your card) and Die Cut Divas (autumn). 

On my daily walk up the lane I pass lots of interesting dry stone walling, some of it a little tumbledown, some of it mossy or supporting brambles as well as keeping the cows and sheep where they should be! I haven’t used this folder for ages and I thought it would be nicely rustic with the autumn leaves. I added a bit of ink to the folder before embossing to accentuate the lines.  

Unusually for me, there’s no stamping (other than the sentiment). 

Stamps:
Sentiment from Big Day Today (Waltzingmouse Stamps, no longer with us)

Paper:
Bristol board
Kraft

Ink:
Versafine by Tsukineko (Vintage Sepia)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Vintage Photo)

Other:
Dry stone wall embossing folder  (Crafter’s Companion) 
Pan pastels
Leaves dies (Impression Obsession)
Corner Chomper 
Nail art gems



9 comments:

Michelle N. said...

I love the embossing and the leaves-very CAS to me! Simple yet elegant-thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous stone wall with the leaves, Joanne - love it!! So glad you popped over to Die Cut Divas!!

Wavejumper said...

That is a great EF for a stone wall! I like your color choices for the wall.

Pretty contrast with the leaves. :)

hugs Margot

Jeanne H said...

I just love your card, very creative.

My Paper Epiphany said...

Such a beautiful and creative card! Thanks for sharing at Let's Squash It challenge:)

Arlene said...

I love your wall with those gorgeous Fall leaves. The wall gives it so much texture and interest.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for the September challenge.

Dawn said...

A beautifully autumnal feeling card and I just love the embossing folder you have used.

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous embossing folder, beautifully coloured and I love the bright contrast with the leaves. Fabulous card Joanne. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

Dotty Jo said...

Here's one I wish I'd made earlier! This is stunning, JO x