Thursday 30 May 2019

Secret hideaway

My turn to set the challenge over at Daring Cardmakers this week. I'd like to see a card with a hidden element! You might choose to use a camouflage/eclipse sentiment with die cut words or letters, add a pocket to your card and tuck something inside, use a flap to conceal a surprise image or sentiment... what can you come up with to create a secret hideaway?

I've added a "custom giftcard" to mine - the headphones are stamped and coloured then a die cut giftcard was placed over the top and I stamped again (I find the MISTI is invaluable for jobs like this where you need precision placement). The partial image on the giftcard was coloured to match and I used a die that cuts the two notches to slot the card in to.Custom gift card information is added to the back of the card and a little greeting message written between the headphones on the base.

Stamps:
Feel the Power (Sheena Douglass)
Birthday Centers (Cornish Heritage Farms, no longer with us)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide (Twisted Citron)

Other:
Giftcard dies (Waltzingmouse Stamps, no longer with us)
Copic markers
MISTI

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a cool card! Jo x

Wavejumper said...

That is terribly clever...I looked at it very closely and you did an amazing job of lining it up perfectly-MISTI or not!
Margot

Shabneez said...

This is brilliant Joanne - shame the die is no longer with us I'd have bought it! Super challenge as I tried something new! Shabneez x

Svenja said...

Your card rocks!