Thursday 2 May 2019

Link in the chain: April

Time for the reveal of another Card Chain Challenge.

This month my card has gone to Hilary so it didn't have too far to travel. From the month's options I went for the colours (coffe, cream, platimun) and one of the themes (umbrella).

I couldn't find my platinum ink pad so in the end I mixed a dab of silver acrylic paint with some of the Latte ink to introduce a brownish note that seemed more on the platimun end of the scale for the umbrella canopy.

The central panel was masked with low tack tape and a very light application of Latte came close to a cream colour (I used a big fluffy cosmetics brush to apply the ink). The clouds are stamped with the latte at full strength, spread with a damp brush and some white paint pen added along the tops. The grasses are stamped in Espresso and I added some lowlights with a brown fineline marker and some hightlights with a white paint pen, Birds are just drawn in, my artistic ability is limted but I can just about manage a curved V to represent a distant bird!

Stamps:
Grasses (Inkylicious)
Believe in Unicorns (Visible Image)
Sentiment from Wildflowers (Crafty Secrets, no longer with us)

Paper:
Watercolour
Black

Ink:
Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Latte, Espresso)
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Chocolate)

Other:
Brown fineline marker
White paint pen by Posca
Low tack tape
Umbrella man die cut (Tim Holtz Alterations/Sizzix)
Acrylic paint

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Joanne, your card is a beauty! I was just looking at it on the Reveal post and thinking how I love all the different elements. Thanks for playing along again, it's great to have you as a link in our chain again, Jo x

Wavejumper said...

I like this a lot Joanne. We dont do enough images in browns. This is a good push to.
xo Margot

HilaryJane said...

I loved receiving this card, the subtle watercoloured background is very special xx