Wednesday 5 December 2007

I like birthdays!

I'm probably getting to an age where I shouldn't care about birthdays but I just had a nice one :) As a forum friend said when I reported on my gifts "Rubber stamps, good booze and high quality chocolate, what more could a girl want?"

I got lots of lovely stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms and I'm trying to ration myself to using only one or two a day so that the excitement of new toys lasts longer! Here's the first card I made using the polka dot and Lenten Rose stamps. I have a few others I'll try to remember to blog in the next few days.



The bottom part of the background was done DTP with the olive chalk ink and then sanded a little bit to distress it. I used simple masking to make the row of lenten roses and then cut out the whole strip - less cutting and colouring than stamping them all individually!

Supplies: Polka Dot Backgrounder, Lenten Rose both CHF, sentiment from Woodware Tiny Phrases set, Clearsnap chalk ink Dark Brown and Olive Pastel, Prismacolor pencils, Tria marker (for shadow), sewing machine and olive green thread


Thanks for dropping by today, hope you liked the card!

7 comments:

Janice said...

It's lovely Joanne and the stamps will last longer than the chocolate and the booze!

Janice

Nickynoo said...

Beautiful card, I like your use of masking, very neat! Hope you've been having a lovely birthday :0).

Mary said...

Your card is lovely. I *love* that you sanded your card. I have never sanded a card and I have to say I *really* like the look. Happy belated birthday to you. :) I hope it was a good one.

Mary

Rachel said...

Oh Happy Birthday to yoooooooooooooo Happy Birthday tooooooooooo Yoooooooooooo - lol enjoy the stamps

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Joanne......and I do agree, for your birthday what more could you want!

Lisa Silver said...

Gorgeous card! I love it! And I'm glad you had a good birthday!!!

lise

Dawn Wheeler said...

Beautiful card ,great tips and ideas ,glad you had a good birthday .Dawn x