Tuesday 18 December 2007

Bright Suzies

I don't know about you but I seem to have been looking at Christmas cards forever and thought it was about time for a bit of a change. Here's another card created with the stamps I got for my birthday. This one uses a sketch posted by Debbie Olsen as part of Lisa Strahl's 30th Birthday Bash over at the Cornish Heritage Farms forum.



I changed the proportions a bit and because the image was slightly too wide for the triptych to work, I've cropped the flowers to make each panel a bit narrower. I cropped each one differently for a bit of added interest. Isn't this Black-eyed Susan lovely and cheerful-looking?!

Supplies: Single Black-eyed Susan (Cornish Heritage Farms), sentiment from Woodware Tiny Phrases set, Tsukineko Brilliance Black Graphite, Copic Sketch markers, DCWV textured cardstock, orange grosgrain from stash, paper piercer

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

This card is lovely Joanne!

And such a great change from the Christmas ones we're all tied up with doing at the mo!

Janice said...

I really like the chopping in different places, Joanne. Lovely card.

Janice

Hazel said...

A very classy card, Joanne - love it - and, yes, it's good to see something other than Christmas cards.

Anonymous said...

That's a great card. Love the little cutaway with the dots. SO CUTE!!

Rachel said...

Oooh look someone took a bite!!! I love that effect - and yes gorgeous stamp and colouring too!!

Anyway popped by to say Happy Christmas and new year - and here is to a healthy happy and craftful new year!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Its a lovely card Joanne. I am loving orange at the mo, so this particularly appeals to me!

Unknown said...

Joanne, wishing you and your family a Very Merry Christmas.

Lots of love,

Rosie, Will, Jacob & Freya
xxxx

Hazel said...

Just stopped by to wish you a very Happy Christmas

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow fab layout love the coulours and stamp ,Dawnx

Anne said...

Joanne this is absolutely beautiful!
Happy New Year to you too my friend! May we both experience much happiness in the years to follow!

Hugs,
Anne :)