I’m managing to play early in the month for CAS Christmas this time, I might even manage another one later! The theme this time is poinsettia. I had most of this made yesterday but it was lacking something. Today's featured stamper challenge at Splitcoast gave me the final idea and I added a few die cut snowflakes for extra interest and am now happier with it.
I’ve had this Penny Black stamp set for at least a couple of years and have only just opened the packaging — better late than never, eh? The poinsettia was stamped twice, fussy cut and layered up. I used a gold acrylic paste for the centre and once each little blob had skinned over but not thoroughly hardened, I pressed down with a ball stylus to make little dimples.A debossed frame and a simple sentiment strip finish it off. The strip is slightly curved.
Stamps:
Wonder (Penny Black Transparent)
Bright Season (Waltzingmouse Stamps, no longer with us)
Paper: Cryogen white
Ink:
Versafine by Tsukineko (Onyx Black)
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Ivy)
Other:
Zig Clean Colour marker (red)
Coloured pencils
Gold acrylic paste
Snowflake die (Waltzingmouse Stamps, no longer with us)
Labels dies (Tim Holtz/Sizzix)
Double stitched rectangle dies (Moonstone)
Corner Chomper
Thanks for stopping by!





2 comments:
Your layered poinsettia is beautiful. I love how you tucked the little snowflakes in there, too.
Gorgeous card Joanne!! Love your layered poinsettia ... wonderful colouring and love the dark shading of the background layer to create more depth! And great idea to add the gold and then dimples before it dried ... so creative and clever. The snowflakes make a wonderful addition to your gorgeous flower along with the debossed framing. The rounded corners at the bottom complete this amazing design. Great work! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas. xx
Post a Comment