September's challenge at Lost Coast Designs is all about the men in our lives - feature a man or make a card for a man.
I've gone monochrome and simple, most of the men I know don't go in for lots of "stuff" on cards! This is going to a young man in his early 20s and after approving of it, hubby's comment was "I hope he's not drunk when he looks at it"!I used a stamping platform to position the Perspective Flooring stamp so I could stamp both sides of a horizon line. Lost Coast actually make a stamp that does it for you (it's called Fourth Dimension) but I'm never one to make things easy for myself, am I? Actually, looking again at the challenge post I realise Riet used it for her sample card, maybe I was subliminally influenced although it’s used quite differently to what I’ve done here!
The die cut lettering has a slight ombre effect courtesy of a bit of Copic colouring and then I gave them the Glossy Accents treatment before sticking them on. The only other thing here is a skinny silver border added with a paint pen.
Stamps:
Perspective Floor (Lost Coast Designs)
Paper:
Bristol board
Smooth black
Ink: Versafine by Tsukineko (Onyx Black)
Other:
Font One dies (Spellbinder)
Alphanumeric Classic Lowercase dies (Tim Holtz/Sizzix)
Copic markers
Glossy Accents
Stitched rectangle dies A6 size (Paper Rose)
silver paint pen (Posca)
Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:
Post a Comment