Monday, 27 July 2026

Simple snowman

After a long break Loll and the team have brought back the CAS Christmas challenge where July’s theme is snowman. As I've gone die cut heavy, I’m combining with the Die Cut Divas for my second play there this month where the focus is on Christmas in July.

I die cut all the pieces for my snowman from white card and coloured with a combination of Copics and coloured pencils before assembling. As I wanted my snowman to face left and the scarf cuts with the longer bit that side, I flipped it over and smoothed down the edges with a bone folder before colouring. He has a little bit of chalk blush on his cheeks and a hand drawn smile. I used a white paint pen to make tiny dots all over his face for a slightly textured look and used Enamel Accents to make his eyes shine. The holly on his hat was stamped and fussy cut. 

Once I’d stamped the sentiment and stuck the snowman down with some scrap card underneath to raise him up just a tiny bit, I decided it needed something a little extra so tucked in some die cut snowflakes and added a few sequins. I finished off with my usual single rounded corner.

Stamps:
Christmas Sayings (Katzelkraft, no longer with us)
Christmas Joy (Craft Secrets, no longer with us)

Paper: Bristol board

Ink: Versafine by Tsukineko (Onyx Black)

Other:
Cool Yule dies (Tim Holtz/Sizzix)
Snowflake die (Waltzingmouse Stamps, no longer with us)
Copic markers
Coloured pencils
Posca paint pen (white)
Enamel Accents by Ranger (black)
Clear iridescent sequins
Black fineliner
Corner Chomper


1 comment:

TeresaC said...

Love your sweet, cheerful snowman, Joanne! Your coloring work is outstanding and brings so much dimension to your project. How in the world were you able to fussy cut the tiny holly leaves?