Friday 28 October 2022

Creature comforts

It's my turn to set the challenge at Daring Cardmakers this week. As we’re approaching winter, I thought we could dress up some of our furry or feathery friends to help them stay warm and cosy.

I’ve seen this set of polar bears around and admired cards made with them for some time now so when I saw somebody having a crafty clear out on a well known auction site, I put in a bid and got them!

The little bear was stamped and masked, then the bigger one stamped behind him. I used grey ink for a softer outline and watercoloured them, then used a fineline marker to fill in eyes and noses. I gave the scarves fringes too, just because I could. A little flurry of enamel accent dots gives them a snow shower to enjoy.

Stamps:
Polar Bear Pals (MFT)

Paper:
Watercolour

Ink:
Hero Arts Shadow ink (Soft Granite)
Versafine by Tsukineko (Onyx Black)

Other:
Watercolour paints (Winsor and Newton)
Enamel Accents by Ranger
Fineline marker
Stitched Rectangle dies A6 size (Paper Rose)

Thanks for dropping by!



3 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

How adorable, Joanne! Just love your polar bear duo with the enamel dot snow!! Gorgeous shading with your watercolors!!

Wavejumper said...

Sweet card :)

Definitely coming into scarf time!

hugs Margot

Shabneez said...

Super challenge Joanne and love your happy creation! Shabneez x