Friday 26 August 2022

In the long run

It’s my turn to set the challenge at Daring Cardmakers this week — as Monday is a bank holiday here in the UK that means it’s a long weekend so I thought we could be inspired by the idea of “long” things. Have a look at the blog to see what my teamies were inspired to make. 

Giraffes have the longest necks in the animal kingdom and this stamp always makes me smile so I decided to go that way. I think I’ve had the stamp set since about 2008. 

I wouldn’t normally list my Scor-It in the supplies list (I use it pretty much every time I make a card to score the fold) but I used it to make the decorative framing for the inked strip so I thought it should at least make it onto the cast list! It adds a little something extra to a one layer card, I think, but keeps it flat and embellishment-free!

Stamps:
Safari Set I (Tanda stamps, no longer with us)
Sentiment from Polar Bears (MFT)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Versafine by Tsukineko (Onyx Black)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door)

Other:
Scor-It
Corner Chomper

Come join us!



1 comment:

Wavejumper said...

Pretty blending and I love the scored frame! I totally agree-it is a great effect without bulk! Sweet image on a fun challenge idea. hugs Margot