Friday 15 July 2022

Clean and simple in the snow!

Enfys is setting our challenge over at Daring Cardmakers this week and she’d like to see clean and simple designs, lots of unpatterned, untextured white space. 

When I saw that the challenge this month at Let’s Squash It is “keep it CAS” I couldn’t resist combining. As I decided to cool off a little by imagining snow, I’m entering Jo’s Christmas Kickstart challenge too where snowfolk are the order of the day. 

I did start off with a (homemade) embossing diffuser to emboss the snowflakes directly onto the card base but things didn’t quite work out as intended so I ended up with a die cut circle that I embossed and stuck on. The little dancing snowman is stuck on with gel glue and his banner has the tiniest sliver of cardstock for an upright. I drew a silver gel pen circle round the embossed area, rounded a corner and called it done.

Stamps:
Dancing snowman (Cornish Heritage Farms, no longer with us)
Sentiment from a magazine freebie set

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)

Other:
Copic markers
Ice Crystals embossing folder (Cuttlebug)
Corner Chomper
Circle Nestabilites





7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a fabulous card with which to combine the challenges! I love it. Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! and Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Carol L said...

CHF made the cutest stamps didn't they? This snowman is just adorable romping through the embossed snowflakes! Great coloring on the image and I love the one rounded corner! Fun card :)

Robyn Oliver said...

What a fun, cute Christmas snowman card

Wavejumper said...

Clever challenge combo! It is a great CAS card...and I like your highlighting on his hat! This might be good for a small mass card run too!

Jeanne H said...

Your card is just darling!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab card combining challenges, Joanne - that little snowman image is adorable and I love the snowflake circle behind him!!

ionabunny said...

Lovely CAS. The die cut embossed circle makes a lovely focus and that snowman is so cute. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz