Friday 25 March 2022

Early bird

Miri is setting our challenge at Daring Cardmakers this week: it's the early bird that catches the worm! She'd like to see birds, worms, sunrises - anything to do with the saying.

Lost Coast Designs are currently asking us to "tweet this" so I'm linking up there too.

I thought I was going to have to miss the DCM challenge this week but I managed to make a super-fast one layer card with a stamp that does a lot of the heavy lifting to make a dramatic impact with very little effort. A little stencilling for a background, a few sequins and a simple stamped sentiment and call it done.

Stamps:
Spring bird (Bloom Art Stamps)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Versafine
Tim Holtz

Other:
Rays stencil (Visible Image)
Sequins
Corner Chomper

 


4 comments:

Wavejumper said...

That is a bold bird! I like your BG stencil...it holds its own with that stamp.
hugs Margot

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Joanne, I love your background stencilling! Thank you so much for joining in with us at Lost Coast Designs and have a very happy week, Sue xx

Laurie said...

Really nice background and love this bird stamp. The little gems just set it all off! Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Miri said...

I love it how your background puts the focus on your beautiful blackbird (?). The sparkling sequins add are a great little detail for your card.