Wednesday 2 June 2021

Link in the chain - May

It’s reveal day at Card Chain Challenge - my card has gone to Greta in Oregon this time. 

I often do one layer cards for CCC, especially if they’re ones that will be airmailed. I followed that philosophy this time, and from the options on offer I used the sketch, the colours (sort of) and the theme of coffee. 

Making a card using only the supplies in a single stamp set is satisfying and I managed to do that here. As it’s a clear set, I even managed to curve the sentiment before stamping. The circles are inked through my trusty piece of die cut acetate, I masked the lady and the cup before using a blending brush to add the Denim ink. The coffee bean is a single image but with a little basic masking it's easy to make a group of them and I have a couple of masks stuck to the packaging so I don't even have to cut those out.

Stamps:
Tea and Coffee (Crafty Secrets, no longer with us)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black and Pearlescent Chocolate)
Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Denim)

Other:
Copic markers
Scor It
Corner Chomper 
White paint pen by Posca

Thanks for stopping by, there are still a few days to sign up for the next chain if you fancy it - make and send one card, get a card from another player!

6 comments:

HilaryJane said...

What a very clever card, love the circles and the embossed lines. The design works really well with those stamps and they are coloured brilliantly xx

papierelle said...

I love your idea how you implemented the sketch !!! Great card, especially for coffee lovers.

Dotty Jo said...

What a fun card, and a great way to use the sketch and colours, Joanne. Thanks for again being a link in our chain, Jo x

Karen said...

Hi Joanne, such a lovely card my lovely. I am well thank you and hoping that you are the same x

Wavejumper said...

If the challenge was for three things you would excel! I love the three lines with the three images layout. I may be casing that in the future....and the mixed circle sizes. Great concept.

hugs Margot

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a great take on the sketch, Joanne!! I love the scored texture and the fun coffee themed circles!! Just darling!!