Friday 22 January 2021

Square dance

Our challenge over at Daring Cardmakers this week is focusing on squares - Shabneez would like to see squares feature in any way in our cards. 

I opted for a small square card base, square image panel and hand painted some little square embellishments rather than adding sequins as I might have done - I think those are visible on the photo (I used white gold paint so they're pretty subtle!).

I tried something a bit different with an embossing folder this time and added watercolouring to the raised image. It was a bit fiddly but I think it’s a pretty effect and I found it quite a “mindful” process. Running it through the embossing folder does seem to change the properties of the paper a bit, I found the colour didn’t move quite as easily.

Stamps:
Sentiment from Say It All (Hero Arts, retired)

Paper:
Watercolour

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Chocolate)

Other:
Winsor & Newton watercolours
Silver gel pen 
Gansai Tambi starry colours (white gold used here)
Flower Frame embossing folder (Nellie Snellen)

Thanks for dropping by, hope you are keeping safe and well. 


4 comments:

Wavejumper said...

I like this a lot! Very pretty!
I am impressed you got the WC to emboss to emboss so cleanly. Your edges are really good.

hugs Margot

papierelle said...

The effect of the flowers is amazing! I have to remember this idea.

Shabneez said...

Such a pretty card and loving the technique! Shabneez x

Anke said...

Absolutely stunning, I love the flowers, fantastic technique ...