Monday 2 September 2019

Link in the chain - August

Time for another reveal over at the Card Chain Challenge. This month my card has travelled to Dee in Kenya. Unbelievably I've been playing for a year now, last August was the first time I was a link in the chain. Fittingly enough, the card I received this time is from a first time player - Tina in Slovenia!

From the options on offer I chose the theme of water and loosely followed the sketch (rotated 180 degrees).

I got this lovely seahorse stamp as a gift last Christmas and I'm ashamed to say he's only just seeing ink now!

The seahorse is coloured with Copics and then masked so I could use a stencil and three Distress inks to give him a watery background, following the sketch for placement. I sponged the same inks through circles cut in a piece of acetate, again using the sketch - the third circle is invisible to the naked eye because of the splatter trailling the seahorse!

A simple sentiment and three tiny nail art gems for some sparkle finish it off.

Stamps:
Create Your Calm (Visible Image)
Sentiment from Say It All (Hero Arts, retired)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean)

Other:
Copic markers
Nail art gems
Fibres stencil (Visible Image)
Corner Chomper 

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Kath said...

A fabulous seahorse and I love your inked background too.
Kath x

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, love this! I've been looking out for a realistic sea horse image for ages - off to check this out. Thanks for being a link in our chain at CCC, so glad to have you with us, Jo x

Waverunner said...

I like how you turned the stencil vertical (?)..it looks even more like underwater light to me.

Congrats on your first year!

Margot

Debbie said...

fabulous card

JD/ Jill said...

Beautifully done card!

Tina Z. said...

hi, Joanne,
I am so happy I found your blog.
your card is stunning - I love seahorses and yours is perfect.
and all these blue colours ...
have a great weekend.
crafty hugs xx