Tuesday 30 July 2019

Tic tac toe at Retro Rubber

I'm Guest Designing for Retro Rubber for the challenge that has just gone live as this dragonfly card was chosen as a Top Pick - thanks Retro Rubber! It's one of their fun tic tac toe boards this time:


I chose a diagonal line and used gems, texture paste and heat embossing to make a little scrapling. I'm trying to get going on some Christmas cards since I've not been building up a stock over the year so far!

I started with a scrapling base of kraft cardstock and added some pearlescent texture paste through a stencil that's cut with a Spellbinder die. While that was drying, I stamped the ornament with a light ink and used Copics to colour it, then overstamped with Versamark and heat embossed with gold. With this image I find the little dots are small enough that if I try to Copic colour after embossing, the detail gets lost as the alcohol ink colours the embossing too. A Misti makes it easy to do it the other way though!

Stamps:
Holiday Ornaments (Waltzingmouse Stamps, no longer with us - set is dated 2011)

Paper:
Kraft
Bristol board

Ink:
Tim Holtz Distress ink (Antique Linen, Vintage Photo)
Versamark
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Chocolate)

Other:
Copic markers
Detail gold embossing powder
Silver thread
Iridescent Paste by Maimeri
Stencil cut with Fancy Lattice die (Spellbinder)
Nail art gems
Corner Chomper
Misti

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Wavejumper said...

That is a pretty shade of red you picked. Nice combo with the kraft and paste. :) I guess you fussy cut it out? Great job! I have trouble with curves.
hugs Margot

Jan Clothier said...

I'm so pleased that you've joined us as our Guest Designer at Retro Rubber for this challenge, Joanne. I'm glad that you enjoy the tic-tac-toe as well! I love the creative way you've applied the three elements. I think your gold bauble is stunning - so 3D that it jumps off the page. Thanks for the tip about how you coloured and embossed it.

Jan Clothier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lichazul said...

super pretty card with this colour and texture
congrats !!
have a great day :)

Carol L said...

What a lovely card with the beautiful ornament and great embossing paste background! Stunning creation!

Greta said...

Wow--what a gorgeous ornament with those tiny gold dots & your beautiful coloring! Congrats on a well-deserved win at RRCB with that fabulous dragonfly card! PS--bet Gail was thrilled to get your beautiful lady for CCC!