Friday 10 August 2018

Life on the ocean wave

Shabneez is setting the challenge over at Daring Cardmakers today and she'd like us to go nautical.

A few years back my hubby spotted some interesting printing blocks on a  stall in Covent Garden and bought a couple for me including this ship. I'm not sure how they're intended to be used but I found that with a little bit of jiggery-pokery it's possible to run them through the Big Shot as a kind of letterpress. The printing lines are etched into a metal plate so you can't just use it like a rubber stamp, it needs some pressure.

I've added just the slightest hint of colour around the ship using dots of Copic marker that get more widely space as they get further out. I thought the plank embossing could represent the ship's deck.

Supplies:
Printing block
Sentiment words from Say It Loud (Waltzingmouse Stamps, no longer with us)
Bristol board
Versafine by Tsukienko (Onyx Black) 
Memento Luxe by Tsukineko (Love Letter)
Copic marker
Silver mirror card
Pinewood Planks embossing folder (Stampin' Up!)
Rectangle Nestabilities by Spellbinder
White Enamel Accents by Ranger
Corner Chomper

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a stylish card! Jo x

Sylvia said...

Great nautical card, Love the sailing ship and embossed background. What a great find the printing block was you must show us what the other one was.

Sylv xx

Kathy said...

You tempted me with this gorgeous embossing folder. So I'm now waiting for it to arrive......along with the other one I ordered at the same time ;)

I love this beautiful sailing ship

Shabneez said...

A brilliant card Joanne - perfect for the challenge. The printing block sounds very interesting and makes a great impression. Shabneez x

AndreaH said...

Hi I've just found you through first clicking on Shabneez the like normal I go off at a tandom lol and some how found you. I'm glad I did. Your card really is gorgeous. I think if I've time I will try and enter this challenge as I've the ideal die. Hopefully I will work out how to follow you.lol xx