Friday 5 May 2017

Peacock parade

The first dare of the month from Daring Cardmakers is always an "elemental" one - just choose at least three elements from the inspiration picture for your project.

I'm in the hot seat this month and I've chosen this lovely mood board from the folk over at Tanis Fiber Arts.

I'm very late to the Yupo paper party but I've just treated myself to a pack and had a first play with it here to mimic the looks of the top right and middle left squares in the inspiration picture.

The stamped butterfly is coloured with Copics and then has turquoise glitter pen over the top. Crisp white die cuts (inspired by the leaf sprig of the necklace) provide contrast for the busy, rich colours and a stamped sentiment and doodled border finish it off.

Stamps:
Antique Engravings and Say It All (Hero Arts - both retired, as far as I can see)

Paper:
Yupo
Smooth white

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)

Other:
Copic ink refills
Copic markers
Fineline marker
Crop-a-dile
Back to Nature dies by Sizzix

Do have a look at the DCM blog - it looks gorgeous with all the samples inspired by this picture!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card - what glorious colours, Jo x

Shabneez said...

Simply awesome. I loved the mood board you chose and your creation is breathtaking! Shabneez x

Debbie said...

ow stunning colours Joanne -love it

Unknown said...

I love your bold colors! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Good luck with the top down cardigan! Are you on Ravelry? I am tuckeredout there. I have done top down for children, next step is to try for an adult that actually fits! (A few failures to log here). Lovely blog, lovely stamping, glad I found your challenge blog.

Unknown said...

Stunning card, I love the way you've created the peeled paint look. Thank you for such amazing inspitation this week. Cathy x

Kathy said...

Absolutely stunning. You certainly hit the mark with these colours, didn't you?

Svenja said...

Joanne, this moodboard is soooo lovely! Just up my alley.
And your card is great - playing with yupo is fun, isn't it?

Dawn said...

Fantastic inspiration picture this month. Your card is amazing. I love your background. x