Tuesday 15 March 2011

Take flight!

I'm hosting the challenge this week in the Crafty Secrets member forum over at Splitcoast Stampers. I've asked people to Take Flight and use anything on their projects that can fly!

I went a little bit quirky today – the lady is cut out from one of the vintage advertising images in the Earthy Paper Pad and I stamped the butterfly wings from the Altered Art set for her to try for size. I stamped Dream/Imagine/Beautiful randomly over the background and sponged over a clock mask as well. After stamping I decided I wanted to accentuate the word Believe so I went over it carefully with a Zig fine point drawing pen.

When I make a shaped card like this I like to get the full shape on the front so I make a card base by putting the fold of the blank just inside the top cutting edge of the die and then cut a separate piece and stick it over the top so it covers the fold.

Stamps (all Crafty Secrets):
Altered Art
Believe
Mini Memories

Paper:
Earthy Paper Pad (Heartwarming Vintage)
Cryogen White

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)
Adirondack by Ranger (Espresso and Latte)

Other:
Copic markers

Timeworks mask by Tim Holtz
Nestabilities by Spellbinder (Labels 1)
Rub n buff by Amaco (Gold Leaf)
Zig drawing pen
Foam pads


Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Karen said...

oooo this is stunning!!!!! love her pretty wings xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful creation.

Dotty Jo said...

This is great, especially love the background you've created! Jo x

Carol Plume said...

What a gorgeous card Joanne - really love the shape and the image is just FAB! xx

Minxy said...

This is sweet, love the background :D

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, I love your background Joanne! x

Effie said...

It's got wings, what more do you need! fab card.

Kaz said...

Oohh Joanne it's another absolutely gorgeous creation from you. Love this xx

Tineke said...

What a beautiful card!!!!
Groeten van Tineke

Sid said...

Fabulous card, lovely clours !!

Hearts Turned said...

Oh, so beautiful, Joanne! Love this!

I've been feeling bad I haven't been joining in the challenges at SC for a while...sorry! But, I just finished a birdie card a couple of days ago that I can link up--off to do it!

Hope your day is wonderful, my friend!

Julie

sam21ski said...

Gorgeous, especially that background xxx

tracy said...

that's lovely joanne :)