Wednesday 1 December 2010

Rejoice!

I'm creating along with Creative Belli Challenge again for the second of my projects as Guest Designer with them this month - thanks for asking girls!

The challenge for this fortnight is to use stuff beginning with R. I'm boosting the Christmas card stock again with this one - I like to stretch my stamps by using ones that are not designed to be festive and giving them a little Christmas makeover! The word Rejoice is from a stamp set called Rose (can I count it twice on the "R-ometer" do you think?).

I managed quite a few Rs here:
Red
Ribbon
Rejoice
Rub n Buff
Rhinestone
and if it's not too cheeky - rounded corners!

I used Rub n Buff over the raised parts of the embossed panel and rubbed some along the edges of the matting strip to make a rich gold border.

Stamps:

Rose (Clear Art Stamps by Crafty Secrets)

Paper:
Red
smooth white

Ink:
Versafine by Tsukineko (Crimson Red)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Antique Linen)

Other:
Rub n Buff by Amaco (Gold Leaf)
Flowers by Prima
Brad by Making Memories
Grosgrain ribbon recyced from packaging
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Textile Texture)
Corner Chomper by We R Memory Keepers
Nestabilities by Spellbinder (Labels Four)


Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Di said...

Oh wow, this is gorgeous Joanne, beautiful rich, Christmassy colours :o) xx

Effie said...

Really simple, clean and classy!..

iriseyes said...

Just beautiful, Joanne! And, if you're going for cheeky, why not add "recycled" for the ribbon as well?

Hazel said...

Love the rich colour - a beautiful, classy card x

Kaz said...

This is gorgeous Joanne, such a classy card xx

Anonymous said...

beautiful...nice to see you blogging again x

Amaco said...

Love how you're using AMACO's Rub 'n Buff! I'd like to post this on our Facebook page. I'll link back to your website.

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Joanne! Glad you are feeling better! x

Jean Franks Beck said...

Beautiful, elegant card, Joanne! Love the rub 'n buff on the embossed background - I'll have to try that! (My rub-on metallics have been languishing in a deep, dark drawer - thanks for the inspiration!)

Lisa Silver said...

So beautiful! And dare I say the colors are so rich? It fits with the theme!

I always love to see your projects, Joanne!

Hugs,
lise

Karen said...

ooo this is really lovely Joanne...clever you with the 'r's xxx

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Love this card, Joanne! It's absolutely stunning and replete with Rs! Thanks so much for being our guest designer, we have loved having you!

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Joanne!!! I love this!
You ROCKed as our guest designer, thanks so much!!
hugs & blessings!

Marcy said...

That stamp is lovely on your Christmas card! Thank you for the inspiration!

Janice said...

This is stunning. Such a high standard of finish, it sums up everything about Christmas.

Isabelle Norris said...

ohhh, how lovely and elegant
isa

HappyCrafter said...

Gorgeous! I love how rich looking it came out!!