Monday 16 February 2009

New banner

OK, I finally made time for the new banner - any feedback very welcome! I've fiddled with the fonts so many times that I can't see the wood for the trees! I like the & and Iron but I'm not quite convinced about the Ambrosia. I think it's growing on me, though! Lots of people said they'd be disappointed if the Angel (of the North) disappeared so he's been worked in collage-style over a stampy, inky background.

Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms):
Beautiful (Rummage Bin line)
Cracked Montana Earth backgrounder

Ink:
Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Stonewashed and Denim)

Tools:
Brayer
Sponge

Other:
Photo from freefoto.com
Computer generated text

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Kathy said...

The new banner looks great - love that blue.

I'd be VERY disappointed if you lost the Angel - seeing him on your blog always cheers me up and reminds me of "home"

Jennifer Roach said...

Very cool Joanne!

Sue said...

Don't you lose the Angel - it's part of your blog now and it wouldn't be the same without it. I love the new banner and the different fonts you've used.
Sue x

Unknown said...

Joanne, the banner is fab! I love the soft and creaminess of the Ambrosia mixed with the solid lines of the & Iron. I also have to agree on keeping the Angel! She's a spectacular figure of a woman!

x

Diana said...

I really like your new banner! The combination of swirls and cracked earth; very cool. I think the Palace font looks really nice (my favorite next to Porcelain & Selfish...Palace is sooo pretty). Glad you kept the angel :)

Darlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darlene said...

Wow Joanne ... I LOVE your new banner colors/fonts ... awesome!! Glad you kept the angel ...it's definately "YOU".
I too have a new blog header. Although, not being as creative as you, I bought mine online, LOL. Check it out: www.darscraftycreations.blogspot.com
Great job my friend!!

Anonymous said...

ooo me likey...looks vair professional.

Janice said...

Yep, that's definitely it now, much better. Love the drop shadow and the colour makes it look 'thicker' iyswim!

Hazel said...

Fab new banner - love the blue background - and angel must definitely stay. x

Anonymous said...

10/10 Joanna. Wave your banner proudly girl... it's a WOW!!!

Marion

Dru said...

I'm so glad you kept the angel - and I think it is stunningly beautiful - I liked your old one as well, but this one is just awesome

Anonymous said...

I like this new banner very much; nice for a change, but really, there wasn't anything wrong with the first one; I was delighted you kept the angel; you must never get rid of her..love your background and your new summer card....

Marlene (cards4u) said...

WOW you are one amazing lady - great job!