Tuesday 13 May 2008

Ten Years Ago

This is a project that Sandy has featured on the Heartwarming Vintage blog but I thought I'd tell you a little bit more about it here since I have less to fit in to a post than she does!

We recently celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary and although we don't usually make a big thing of anniversaries, we thought we'd push the boat out a bit since it was a round number. We had a couple of days away in a nice hotel and I thought I'd make something a bit more 'special' than a regular card (as ever, you can click through for a closer view).



When Sandy sent me my lovely Guest Designer package, I looked at the Rosy Wishes set and thought "Eek, what am I going to do with that?" Guess which set I reached for when I sat down to make my first project? Yup, Rosy Wishes! I wanted to use a photograph of me on my wedding day (I joke that it's to remind DH how little I've changed in a decade - lol!) and the spray of roses stamp seemed like a perfect tie-in with my bouquet. I stamped it once and then inked up only the top part of it and stamped again to extend a little further up the side of the chipboard heart. As my bouquet was cream roses and ivy, I coloured the flowers with a cream Prismacolour pencil and just shaded a little with a light beige. I painted the ribbons with a gold pearlescent watercolour.

I sponged a couple of shades of green ink over the heart and then added marble 'veining' with a couple of gel pens. The photo was cut with a Nestability die and I made the mat for it by using the outer edge of the same die as a guide for a scalpel. Ivory silk ribbon provided a touch of luxury for the hanging loop and one of the small shapes from the Frame It set provided a delicate edging pattern.

I've never used cardstock stickers before and I have to say I was impressed. I wanted the holes where the ribbon is threaded through to look a bit more 'finished' so I chose a couple of eyelet stickers - so easy to handle and get properly placed and they're die-cut on the sheet so they're ready to just peel and go, there's no fiddling about trying to punch out holes in appropriate places or anything.

Supplies: Sweet Chips heart album and small die cut frame; Rosy Wishes, Sexy Little Numbers and Frame It Clear Art Stamps; Brass and Cream Hardware Stickers (Heartwarming Vintage); Tim Holtz Distress ink - Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint; Versafine Vintage Sepia; copper, gold and white gel pens; Nestability Classic Oval dies; 1" silk ribbon; Versamark and gold lustre powder; pearlescent watercolour; Prismacolor pencils/OMS/stump

Thanks for your visit today, do let me know what you think if you have a moment to leave me a comment, I do love to hear from my visitors!

21 comments:

Kathy said...

I think this is beautiful, the colours are fab and the whole thing works perfectly.

Lovely photo too

tracy said...

what a lovely hanging doodah :) pretty picture too :)

Janice said...

Yes, it is very pretty and quite a different look to your usual style. You must be an old romantic at heart, hee hee hee

Dan said...

A lovely card, and you've made great use of that roses stamp!

Karen said...

what o lovely idea and it looks so pretty as do you X

Andrea said...

thats just super and how nice to do something special for your tenth x

Anonymous said...

Its so gorgeous and pretty. :) congratulations to you both.

Vanessa.

made by fifi said...

gorgeous - hope you both have a great anniversary xx

Anonymous said...

Joanne,
Congratulations on 10 years wow! Be proud of that accomplishment! What a lovely use of this set. So lovely and really a piece of days gone by. Can't wait to see more.

Alhambra Club said...

this is so pretty, love that you used the photo.

Kazza said...

So beautiful and congratulations on 10 years too :O)

Shazza said...

gorgeous, congratulations
x

Anonymous said...

Lovely and many congratulations!

xx

Joy said...

The stamping is just perfect as is the photo

Kaz said...

Thats a gorgeous doodah Joanne! It's very classy. Great photo of you too.

xx

CraftyC said...

It is so pretty!
Clairexx

Hels Sheridan said...

This is so lovely hun, how romantic!! xx

Turnidus said...

That is lovely - what a great thing to do for your 10th anniversary.

- dlm. said...

Congratulations on your 10th anniversary! Your project and your photograph are lovely.

- dlm.

Lisa Silver said...

What a wonderful project! It's as gorgeous as you, Joanne!

Congratulations on 10 years.

lise

Anne said...

Love all the attention to details you've accomplished with this beautiful project! It's no wonder your husband fell head over heels for you... stunning, my friend!

{HUGS} :)