Thursday 7 February 2008

Red & White

A colour dare from DCM this time around: make a card in only red and white. I stuck to something fairly bold and simple as I'm late this week and it's nearly time for the next dare! As ever, picture is clickable for a bigger version if you want it:



Heart is hand cut and coloured with Cherry Red ink before sponging with Distress Fired Brick to make it a bit more aged and "countryish" to go with the stamped gingham.

Supplies: Gingham Background stamp (Cornish Heritage Farms), sentiment from Woodware Tiny Phrases set, Whispers Cherry Red and Tim Holtz Distress Fired Brick inks, scoring board, paper piercer, white gel pen, corner rounder.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

VERY stylish Joanne.

Di said...

Beautiful Joanne and thanks for sharing your techniques.

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous - such a stylish and sharp design

My Paper World said...

Very pretty! I love your country style heart!

Anne said...

Love the simplicity of this wee creation of yours, Joanne! Beautiful!

{HUGS}

Dawn Wheeler said...

Stunning card very stylish ,love it ,Dawnx

Anonymous said...

I love this card! I'm partial to gingham and I do love me a nice white card. Is that Bazzill orange peel cardstock?

Angelnorth said...

Hey Jen - you're not 'clickable' so I'll answer here in case you drop back. Nope, not Bazzill - just hammer textured white from my local Papermill shop (UK chain, not sure where you are!).