Saturday 28 July 2007

Some cards I've made this week!

I thought I'd blog a few things I've made this week and shown only of the forum they fit into a challenge on!



I found out that one of my customers is moving on to a new job and thought it would be nice to send her a little card to congratulate her. Adding spotty ribbon meant that it fit in with the Get Spotted challenge on Carolyn's, too.

NEW JOB is stamped with the See-D Typewriter alphabet set in Whispers Sugarloaf Green on green cardstock. I've rounded off one corner and inked the edges, too. The little flower is made with the QK football die for the centre and punched hearts for petals. The good luck stamp is from a HOTP set and I used Tangerine Cat's Eye chalk ink.

One of DH's colleagues had his 60th birthday this week. At short notice, I was asked to make a card with beer, whisky and hill walking as themes! This is a bit out of my normal range but I had fun with it.





It's a trifold and each panel has a pocket and tag with something appropriate to the question for that panel. The boots are cut on the CraftRobo and I plaited embroidery thread for laces and used mini brads as 'anchor points'. I snuck the whisky reference onto the beer tag (it says A fair few (and maybe the odd wee dram to follow)). I tried to make the tag here look like the clips you get on beer pump handles and T.A. are the recipient's initials. The answer to the candle question is obviously 60!

I showed a card on Just Bex that was made for the decorative edge scissors challenge. The shell on it came about as a result of a forum conversation with Kathy about paperclay. I decided to have a go at making my own push moulds and this is the first experiment! I used a cockle shell and moulded Fimo around it and baked. Then pushed paper mache into the mould (still waiting for my paperclay to arrive!) and rubbed chalks in various shades of brown/grey white over the resulting paper shape. I was quite pleased with the way it turned out.

8 comments:

Classroomfree said...

Great stuff hun, the 60th Birthday card must have been a real challenge! I love the result though. Well done.

Penny said...

Wow, your shell turned out really beautifully . It looks so realistic!

Risa said...

Your site is great and the cards are great as well! I really like the card with the glasses on it, I think that it is really cool!
I also want to say thank you for visiting and I will definately be back to see some really cool cards!
Sincerely
Malieta:)

Kim Costello said...

That's a really good idea with the themed activities and the design is great.

Your site is wonderful and the cards are great! I really like the card with the poppy flower on it, I think that it is really clever I like all the texture too!

I also want to say thank you for visiting me and I will HAVE to come back to see some more really cool cards!

mum-on-the-run said...

Wow!! All great cards Joanne, the shell looks fantastic!!

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, these cards are so great, you have been busy and very creative.

Patsy Jackson said...

Oh my, that 60th card is amazing - I'd have been very stuck!

And your shell looks sooo real :)

I've tagged you with this 'card society tag' - sorry! Details on my blog ;)

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fabulous Tri-fold card Joanne - fits the bill perfectly!