Friday 8 June 2007

Little green men

Sorry, I seem to have faded from view in Blogland - never could keep a diary! I just made a quick card for this week's Daring Card Makers dare though.



It's Keryn's turn to set the dare and with a little help from her son the theme is 'Celestial' (or 'Space' if you're going for the simplified version!). Chris on the BubblyFunk forum collects together cards for use at a children's hospice. I don't often get to make kids cards so I'd decided to make a few and already had the bits and pieces cut out for this one. The alien is designed in Inkscape and cut with the CraftRobo - inked with two shades of green chalk ink and has wiggly eyes at the top of the eye stalks. I find it difficult to judge kids' cards - hope this is OK!

22 comments:

Kathy said...

This is just soooooooo cute!

Your little aliens are great - I really wanted to use your robo templates to make a card for this dare but I failed dismally!

Must have a go with them soon though - might see if I can come up with something for Nephew dan's birthday when I'm not so panicked.

Di said...

Your card is great fun - made me think of ET.

Di

Lynne said...

Aww this is an amazing card - I love everything about it.

Thanks for joioning in the fun.

Lythan said...

I'd love to have this card and I am a grown up!
well almost

Card Bored Kitty! said...

You've got nothing to worry about with this one - any kid (or adult!) who got this would be thrilled!

Rachel said...

fab fab fab I love it, those aliens are soooo cute!

Leigh said...

awwwwww so gorgeous!!!

stamp and scrape said...

The google eyes are perfect! Very suitable for a child.
Ros

Paula J Atkinson said...

Another fun card, I love it.
I just can't do kids cards.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is brilliant fun - love the googly eyes!

Gillian said...

heeeheee....love this Joanne...
What cute little fella's.. the eyes just make this card soooo adorable.. love it! and love that you've made it for the hospice!

Nina Grann said...

Very cute,love the little aliens

Louly said...

I love it, great work!

Dolly Mixtures said...

Love the frames as windows and your little friendly aliens.

Sheila said...

Oh my God that is soooooooo cute.
I love the aliens.

Jo said...

Your aliens are soooo cool, fab card!
jo xx

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Your card is great! Good on you for making cards for the kids' hospice. Someone will appreciate this one a LOT.

Fiona Carter said...

he he, that's the cutest alien I've seen lately. Great card, and such a nice idea to make it for the kids' hospice.
Thanks for visiting my blog :-)
Fiona
x

Anonymous said...

So SO cute!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL what an amazingly cute alien, looove your card!melx

mum-on-the-run said...

Such a cute card!!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

heehee BRILLIANT!!