Friday 20 April 2007

Mum's birthday

It was my mum's birthday yesterday and of course, I just couldn't make a card I liked. I toyed with lots of designs based around the word Mum but nothing came out right. In the end, I settled for something fairly 'vanilla'!



Layers of torn tissue paper with a bit of chalk ink added to the narrowest one for some extra definition, Gillian-inspired machine stitching, a big daisy and a stamped greeting (from the Woodware tiny greetings acrylic stamp set). Mum seemed to like it! (and was especially taken with the stitching - thanks Gillian!).

The daisy is my own design, cut on the CraftRobo. I've curved the petals over a pencil to give them a bit of dimension. If you have a cutter that will cut gsd files, you can grab the template for this one from the Scrapstars site (this thread) if you want it.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

This is a great card - love the flower and the green shade is just soooo happy looking. Well done on the stitching.

I was going to have a go with your fabby template today - but a slight hitch with a CJ (ie. my planned pages didn't actually work!) meant I had to go back to the drawing board with that instead. Now why on earth didn't I think about incorporating a nice big daisy onto the page?

Anonymous said...

What a beautifully fresh-looking card! Lovely. And I've just downloaded your gsd, so daisies here we come!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

oh wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS card is Just AMAZING! thank you so much for your nice comments on my blog!!! love your work!!

Have a nice day!

Bety :)

Esther said...

What a clever girl to make the flower! that was gonna be one of my questions, lovely bright fun card

Gillian said...

Oh Joanne, this is just DEVINE!!!!... love every single bit of it.. you are a very talented cardmaker, and I love to see each and every creation...

and by the way, you take the bows for the stitching, cause you do it with your own special flair, :o) gorgeous work, and I'm so glad your mum loved it!

Dollydimps said...

that's soooo lovely and fresh! the layered tissue's a great idea