Saturday 3 May 2008

Kiss, kiss, smooch

Next in the series of CHF challenges was 'kissing' with background stamps. I don't have that many solid image stamps so for my first attempt I combined two backgrounders, the broad stripe and weathered wood. I inked the wood bg and 'kissed' onto the stripe before stamping to make the base for this card.



Supplies: Broad Strip and Weathered Wood backgrounders, Time to Stamp, Beautiful (all Cornish Heritage Farms). Versafine Vintage Sepia, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain, SU! antique copper Hodgepodge hardware, gingham ribbon (Bazzill)

Then I combined the kissing technique with a sketch challenge also running on the CHF forum. The kissing is quite subtle here but if you click through to the larger version of the pic you should be able to see the cheesecloth texture on the head of the flower (I inked the flower in pink and then kissed against the cheesecloth inked in dark peony).



Supplies: Polka dot and cheesecloth backgrounders, Silhouette Blooms I (all Cornish Heritage Farms), Clearsnap Fluid Chalk ink Pink Pastel and Dark Peony, green marker pens, sewing machine and thread, vintage crochet trim, Nestability Classic Circle dies.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend, thanks for taking time out for a peep at my blog!

10 comments:

made by fifi said...

gorgeous card - love the first one xx

Sue said...

The brown one is my favourite. Everything looks so good together and I love the gingham ribbon.
Sue x

Claireabelle said...

They are both fab but I love the first one too!

Andrea said...

these are stunning cards, love everything on them xx

Lorraine said...

Both cards are lovely xx
Lorraine

Wacky Jacky said...

Both cards are lovely but particularly like the 'kissing' card - it's great!!

Anonymous said...

They're both fantastic! :)

Vanessa.

Kaz said...

Gorgeous cards Joanne.

Angie C said...

Not heard of "kissing" before now, but it looks a great technique and I love the cards you have made

Unknown said...

Lovely cards Joanne. I might have to have a go at that kissing technique, you make it look fab!