Wednesday 30 April 2008

Anything but paper

Stampers stamp on paper and make cards, right? Maybe the odd scrapbook LO? One of the background blitz challenges last week at Cornish Heritage Farms was to stamp on anything but paper and there was some fabulous creative thinking going on!

I still made a card but I stamped on a piece of white cotton fabric salvaged from an old shirt. I picked a fancy stitch on my sewing machine to create more of a border between the fabric panel and the border - I thought it looked kind of like a cot quilt.




Supplies: Polka dot backgrounder (CHF), wording stamps are my own design, Brilliance Pearlescent Sky ink, tiny safety pin, silver baby feet charm, narrow sheer ribbon, sewing machine and thread, cotton fabric


Thanks for stopping by today!

10 comments:

Hazel said...

Lovely card - makes a change to stamp on something different - I've tried on linen before and love the results but hardly ever think of doing it

Karen said...

Pretty card Joanne. I love stamping onto fabric, it gives a lovely texture & touchy-feeliness!

Kazza said...

Lovely card, the fabric gives a great effect :O)

made by fifi said...

brill it does looklike a cot quilt xx

Kathy said...

This is so sweet. The stamping on fabric looks fab Joanne

Lesley said...

Great idea, looks fab! xx

Andrea said...

brilliant idea, looks great x

Jo said...

Love this effect :o)

Angie C said...

What a great card Jo and a good idea to stamp onto fabric

Unknown said...

This card is so fresh Joanne. Well done on your own wording stamp too! x