Friday 16 May 2008

Feeling retro

The Heartwarming Vintage blog features a couple more of my projects today along with other great samples from some of the regular DT girls. I'm sharing a bit more detail on my projects here.

Interview vibes is intended to raise a smile from deep inside the nerves that accompany chasing down a new job! The little file folder (hand cut) has the guy's id photo clipped to the front and opens to reveal an interview checklist (computer generated).


It would be easy to personalise this project with the recipient's name - I just used some white core card cut into a strip to fit my Dymo label maker and then sanded lightly to reveal the raised lettering. The whole card front is covered with a single piece of paper, it just has sponged ink over the lower part to darken it a little before overstamping with the smart brogue shoes.

Supplies: Favorite Fellas (Clear Art Stamps by Crafty Secrets), Earthy Paper Pad (Crafty Secrets), Prismacolor pencils/OMS/stump, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tea Dye and Walnut Stain,(to sponge the dark horizontal strip), Brilliance Graphite Black, square antique copper brad, chalk, paper clip, stapler, Dymo label maker, DCWV white core card, sandpaper

Handful of Love continues the retro feel. This lady from the tea and coffee set definitely looked like she was expecting something to drop in to that outstretched hand and I thought a little shower of hearts might be a nice thing to receive!

I don't have scallop Nestabilities which would have been ideal here so I punched a bunch of small circles and stuck them behind the main image panel that already had a narrow mat of the same paper.

Supplies: Tea & Coffee, Mini Memories and Sweet Kids stamp sets (all Clear Art Stamps by Crafty Secrets), Radiant paper pad, Sweet Chips die cut shapes, Prismacolor pencils/OMS/stump, Tim Holtz Distress inks (Fired Brick and Walnut Stain), small circle punch, red laid paper, grosgrain ribbon, silver thread, enamel heart charm all from stash (unknown maker).

Thanks for visiting today, I hope you enjoyed the little step back in time!

16 comments:

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

sorry I deleted my first post as it all went weird, these are fab cards and the retro feel does it for me xx

Anice said...

Love the retro 50's feel. Great cards!
Anice xx

Karen said...

My Mum would love these prob as much as I do. Brilliant idea about the interview file! X

Anonymous said...

Love the male card such a original idea. I find male cards hard to do. Well done Joanne.

Hope the recipient gets his job. :)

Keri Lee Sereika said...

oh my word Joanne you need Nestabilities!!!! You can not punch a ton of circles to make those frames!!!! But I have to say, your scallops ARE PERFECT! Totally cute card!

Lisa Silver said...

OK... your first card had me smiling immediately! My UK friend and co-worker (David) says Joe Bloggs ALL the time! Love it!

Your cards on this post are wonderful!

Hugs,
lise

Kathy said...

These are fab cards Joanne

The first is a fab idea for a Good Luck card and I love the colours and spotty paper on the 2nd

tracy said...

lovely cards joanne :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards Joanne.....x

Anonymous said...

Love your cards! The guy card is fun - I like how you did the background paper and the checklist is great. As we have said limited supplies encourages creativity -super job on the scallops!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Ok I have checked in for new stuff twice....I am starting to go into withdrawls....*wink*

Thanks for visiting my blog, I always love your happy comments!

Janice said...

How did I miss this post? Love the interview card especially - the checklist is great

Carolyn said...

Great Cards Joanne, I love the interview card. I don't know why but I never had any success with my Dymo - I must dig it out and give it another try

Kazza said...

A colleague of mione has an important interview tomorrow, I might just pinch this idea, it's fabulous :O)

Anne said...

FUN-tabulous RETRO creations with your Crafty Secrets stamps, Joanne! Great Father's Day card using the business man and jazzy folder! {wink}

{HUGS} :)