Thursday 8 May 2008

Kathy's sketch

Kathy's celebrating 40,000 visitors to her blog with a little sketch challenge.

Here's the sketch - I do hope she'll forgive the little liberties I've taken with my card. I've extended the panel on the right out to the edges of the card and used the knot of my ribbon as the circular object. Still, sketches are for inspiration, not slavish copying, right?






I've used stamps from the set I picked as part of my prize when I won the Crafty Secrets Easter Printables contest (post here if you'd like to see the card) as Kathy likes needleworky things so I thought it would be appropriate. Sadly the photo doesn't show the sparkly bits! I used a Spica clear glitter pen on the lace round the top of the bodice and it looks very pretty and girly in real life!

Supplies: Sew Special (Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamps), Cuttlebug Textile Texture embossing folder, vintage buttons, Brilliance Graphite Black, Colorbox Pigment Frost White, piercer, white gel pen, Prismacolor pencils/OMS/stump, grosgrain rescued from a pack of Dasiy D's paper swatches, waxed linen thread, Copic Atyou Spica clear glitter pen

Hope you're all having a lovely day and the sun is shining on you!

17 comments:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Cute take on the sketch! I dig your stitching!

- dlm. said...

Wonderful interpretation of the sketch, Joanne.

Karen said...

hee hee I love the pun in the comment! Oh and that stamp is to die for Joanne!! The card is beautiful X

Kaz said...

I just love this card!!

Sue said...

Love the colours you've used and that stamp is coloured in so well.
sue x

Kathy said...

Oh wow, I love it. Fab stamp, fab colours and fab.....well everything, really!

Jo said...

Brilliant! :o)

Janice said...

Great card, well done on the sketch.

Shazza said...

love this Joane, it is great
x

Andrea said...

WOW thats a very striking card, love it x

made by fifi said...

brill card xx

Joy said...

Fantastic card and LO xx

Dan said...

A beautiful card Joanne! :o)

Linda said...

Beautiful card Joane :)

Ann said...

Gorgeous card - I love the background!! xxx

Alhambra Club said...

Love this stamp set, your card is fantastic.

jjcreations said...

I love this corsette stamp. The whole card is wonderful. Joan