Tuesday 8 April 2008

Coffee Time Collage

A few things came together to bring you this card!

A while ago, I won a competition on CBC to use recycled stuff on a card. The prize was donated by Dewdrop Craftz and was a custom A7 stamp sheet. I finally got round to designing some stamps and they arrived this morning.

When I won $$ to spend at Cornish Heritage Farms during February in their Online Referral Program, I topped up the amount to get free US shipping and had the package shipped to a colleague of DH's in Boston. His daughter just visited her grandparents in London and my DH just visited the grandfather so the stamps finally found their way to me yesterday (did you follow that? lol!)

Finally, I'd been thinking about the stamped collage technique tutorial posted by Keri at CHF.



Supplies: espresso cup (my own design), Beautiful and Time to Stamp (both Rummage Bin at Cornish Heritage Farms), Versafine Vintage Sepia, Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Antique Linen), Dewdrops (Masculine), small circle punch.

The 'ticket corners' are created with a small circle punch. Just push the corner of the paper in (I've added two small pen marks on the punch itself to mark off the quarter circle) and punch out the little bite.

Thanks for stopping by, sorry the coffee was only virtual!

20 comments:

Andrea said...

thats a great design for your card and different, love it x

Anonymous said...

beautiful card - love the fact the coffee stamp is your own so very clever

Karen said...

Lovely card as always Joanne. That coffee cup stamp is going to be so versatile. When do we see the rest??? X

Kaz said...

How lovely Joanne, the cup is a lovely design. Love the whole card and thanks for the tutorial link.

made by fifi said...

love it - especially the coffee cup xx

Janice said...

How exciting Joanne. Your very own stamp, designed by you! It looks great and goes well with the other stamps. Lovely card as usual.

Shazza said...

what a lovely card and I love the espresso cup stamp
x

Jo said...

Brilliant. Must be great to use a stamp of your own design too, well done on the win:o)

Lesley said...

Fab! Love the coffee cup! xxx

Hazel said...

What a fab stamp and a great card - you should be very proud of yourself.

jjcreations said...

Love, love, love this card. Joan

jo said...

brill, thank you for kind words on my blog

Lisa Silver said...

I absolutely love this collage piece. The shades of brown are ideal for the coffee inspiration and the layered images perfect together!

Thanks for sharing,
lise

Unknown said...

WOW!!! A stamp designer too. Are there no ends to your talents Joanne? I love that cuppa stamp. Well done!!!!

Mary said...

I had no idea that you designed your own stamps. I love the coffee cup. Your collage is gorgeous. You are so very talented.

Mary

Anonymous said...

Oooh I do like your stamp Joanne! Lovely card and I like the bird one on the post before too...x

CraftyC said...

Lovely card and great stamps!
Clairexx

Marlou McAlees said...

love this gorgeous card!! :)

Joy said...

Wow! I'm impressed! Love the design and the colours are amazing

Angie C said...

I love this one too - love the soft colours and the background stamps too