Monday 7 April 2008

Spring sketch

The Crafty Secrets member forum challenge on Splitcoaststampers this week featured another card by Jenn Balcer. I've pretty much kept Jenn's layout for this one, just changed the proportions a bit.



I thought a bit of spring cheer might be in order so I picked a quote from Alexander Pope and used it on the large panel (computer generated) and then stamped the feather from Bird Notes to create a background - click through for a larger photo to read the couplet! I took the ink off the base of the bird with a cotton bud (Q-tip for my American visitors!) so that he could perch on a 'blooming spray'.

Supplies: Bird Notes (Crafty Secrets), Silhouette Blooms I (Cornish Heritage Farms), Tim Holtz Distress inks (Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Antique Linen), Clearsnap chalk ink (Warm Green), pink Sakura Souffle pen, gold organza ribbon, copper gel pen, sponge, blue chalk, sewing machine and thread


I hope you're enjoying some good weather, wherever you are today - thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Angie C said...

Wow this is so beautiful, I love your background and the bird stamp is stunning

Andrea said...

a fab card, what a beautiful bird x

Jo said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours :o)

Wacky Jacky said...

Beautiful card and verse.

tracy said...

he's so sweet,lovely fresh looking card :)

Karen said...

That is one gorgeous card!!! I especially like the quote you have used to go with it X

Kathy said...

This is just beautiful, those subdued shades with the hint of yellow work so well.
That birdie is really lovely

Shazza said...

gorgeous card
x

made by fifi said...

gorgeous card - love the little bird xx

Kaz said...

Gorgeous card Joanne, I love that branch stamp.

Kat said...

Your card is stunning. The image is beautiful, certainly made me think about the kind of stamps I usually gravitate towards...
x

Hazel said...

Great card, Joanne (as usual)

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card and love its elegance.

Lisa Silver said...

WOW! I love how the branch is from the silhouette set... perfect for your little bird! Fantastic card!

Thanks for sharing. I love your work and your blog!
lise

Fiona said...

What a gorgeous card - I love the colours

Andrea said...

This card is so wonderful!!

xxAndrea