Tuesday 29 April 2008

Fade away

The second challenge in Cornish Heritage Farms' Background Blitz was to use partial stamping of a BG on a project. I did a couple of things for this. The first one I combined with a competition on Crafts by Carolyn for a spring or summer themed card.



Polka dot backgrounder was partially inked and stamped at the top left. I used Michelle Zindorf's highlight/lowlight technique on the stamped swirls and the lovely flower came from Karen who slipped little packs of extras into the envelope when she coordinated a rubber stamped image swap on Bubbly Funk - thank you Karen!

Supplies: Polka dot BG,, Wishing You Sunny Days, Beautiful (all Cornish Heritage Farms), Clearsnap Fluid Chalk ink Tangerine, DCWV white core cardstock, sandpaper, white and metallic orange gel pens, embroidery thread, circle punch, fabric flower from Karen

The second one used a completely different approach - I inked the whole Woodgrain background and then used a baby wipe to remove a rough circle of ink where I wanted to stamp the bird. I used the faux burned edges technique to add depth to the edges.



Supplies: Woodgrain backgrounder and Time to Stamp(Cornish Heritage Farms), Bird Notes (Crafty Secrets), Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Antique Linen, Tea dye, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain), Prismacolor pencils/OMS/stump

Thanks for stopping by, we'll be stamping on something other than paper tomorrow!

18 comments:

Kaz said...

Wow Joanne those are gorgeous cards!! Love them!

Karen said...

Both those cards are very lovely Joanne. An interesting technique, will give it a go. Glad the flower came to good use X

Kathy said...

ohhhh lovely cards Joanne
I love that wood efect background, it looks fantastic

Janice said...

Great techniques - I'll get my baby wipes out lol.

Andrea said...

these are Fab and the little bird looks great x

Dan said...

Lovely cards!! I think I'm going to have to spend a bit of time perusing the CHF web site! :)

Rachel said...

I love the birdie and wood background card - something really different

Rachel

Shazza said...

fantastic cards
x

CraftyC said...

Your cards are wonderful, you have a lovely blog!!
Clairexx

- dlm. said...

Both cards are quite lovely! Your coloured bird is wonderful. I like the way you were able to remove some of the ink on the backgrounder.

made by fifi said...

another brilliant card - so different - love it xx

Sarah said...

Gorgeous cards Joanne - the summer themed card is really striking!
Sx

Lisa Silver said...

You always create gorgeous designs... so elegant and balanced!!! I particularly fell in love with your bird card. The elements worked perfectly together.

Hugs,
lise

jjcreations said...

Oh my goodness....that big flower is fabulous. I love the colours. and the bottom card with the little bird is wonderful. I have a thing for birds. Joan

Lesley said...

Really lovely xxx

Angie C said...

Beuatiful cards and I love the effect on the bird card it's stunning

Unknown said...

Lovely cards Joanne. I especially like the way you've picked up the swirls with the high/low light technique.

Linda said...

Brilliant I really love the woodgrain and bird card, gorgeous :)