Wednesday 13 October 2010

The monsters are coming!

It's my nephew's birthday today - Happy Birthday Josh! I always struggle a bit with cards for kids and this took waaaaaay longer than it should have done but I got there in the end.

The little monsters are mounted on foam pads for a bit extra "movement" and dimension.

Stamps:
Little Guy (Kim Hughes Collection from Cornish Heritage Farms, retired)
Sentiment from a Hot off the Press set

Paper:
Smooth white
Orange

Ink:
Adirondack dye in by Ranger (Espresso)
Versacraft by Tsukineko (Spring Green)

Other:
Copic markers
Cuttlebug embossing folder (Traffic Jam)
Foam pads


Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Karen said...

Brilliant Joanne & I agree these are really tricky aren't they? X

Anonymous said...

brilliant card for kids of all ages (even grown ups!)love the colour combination.

Effie said...

Cute monsters!

Morti said...

Gorgeous work as always! Why don't you come over and join in with WOYWW? Would love to see you there!

Marcy said...

Thanks for the smile this morning, Joanne! The embossed orange background on white really makes the cute, green monsters pop. Great kid card!

Kathy said...

I Love it!
Kids cards are so tricky, but you've sewn it all up with this one

sam21ski said...

I bet he loved it, all those little monsters hanging around!!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Love it!! The monsters are so cute and the background is just right.

Janice said...

Fun card, he will love it.

Kaz said...

I don't know why you say you struggle with boys cards Joanne as you always do brilliant ones and this is no exception xx

hazel said...

I love it, I bet your nephew loved it too.
xxx Hazel.

Hazel said...

I'm sure Josh loved it - spot on for the boy. I've got that embossing folder, but never know what to do with it - it's just right here x

Traceyr said...

Yes it is indeed a great card for a kid - even one as old as me! Love the colours and the cheeky alien. :)