Tuesday 26 October 2010

Dear Santa

I'm sure this little girl has been nice this year, even if she does look just a little nervous of sending her letter to Santa! She's just too sweet-looking to have been naughty, don't you think?

I have to say that the "Dear Santa" is the teeniest, weeniest stamp I have ever seen! It stamps beautifully though and fits the space on the envelope perfectly. You could personalise your card to the recipient though by handwriting their initials (or name if you have tiny writing and a fine nib pen!) on the envelope instead.

I happened to have both "Artsy Banners" and this Christmas Mail set out on my desk at the same time and noticed that the snowflake would be a great fit in the scallop border (this is the small version of each, the large snowflake fits equally well in the larger scallop). You could stamp the flake in a punched border, too.

I used a Copic in one of the reds used to colour the little girl's coat to colour the matting strip so that I got a perfect match.

Stamps:
Christmas Mail and Artsy Banners (both Clear Art Stamps by Crafty Secrets)

Paper:
Smooth white
Kraft

Ink:
Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Espresso)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Antique Linen)
Colorbox pigment ink by Clearsnap (Frost White)

Other:
Copic markers
Flowersoft (Polar white)
Cuttlebug embossing folder (Ice Crystals)
Nestabilities by Spellbinder (Classic Ovals, large)
Tracing wheel
Corner Chomper by We R Memory Keepers


Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Karen said...

Awe, what a lovely, lovely stamp Joanne! This is a gorgeous little card my lovely xxx

Hearts Turned said...

I LOVE this, Joanne! Beautiful job with the stamps! Love that Artsy Banner, don't you?!

Beautiful coloring...always love your work, my friend!

Hope your day is wonderful...

Julie

Lisa Silver said...

Oh, just lovely! I love the soft colors with your project! Perfect!

sam21ski said...

Fab card, beautiful background xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous Joanne. Love the shape of your card & the colours look great together. Looks like you had fun.xx

Sid said...

Gorgeous card !!

hazel said...

Great card, love the image.
xxx Hazel.

Marcy said...

This is so dear! I love the color combination you used.

Kathy said...

I've really enjoyed seeing the things you've been doing while I've been under the duvet! Fab cards and the snowflakes look wonderfully elegant

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card Joanne, love the girl image and the chunky scallop border...x

Traceyr said...

I think maybe she is nervous because she hasn't been nice Joanne! hahaha

Beautiful card all the same. :)

Jan Hennings said...

Too cute! I love this sweet stamp set!

Isabelle Norris said...

awwwe isn't she cute?? lovely card
isa