Monday 11 October 2010

Eek - it's pink!

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month so it was inevitable that one of the challenges I try to get involved in regularly would involve the use of pink. I am probably the least pink person on the planet but I decided to give it a go for the Crafty Secrets member company forum challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers.

Sandy Redburn (owner of Crafty Secrets) was very sweet recently and sent me some new stamps to play with. Four new botanicals sets were released recently and I had the rose and poppy ones in my package. They're beautifully detailed and remind me of the PSX stamps that so many people mourn the loss of.

I stamped my rose on kraft cardstock and coloured with Prismacolor pencils. I love the look this gives and don't remember the technique often enough - I always have fun when I do this!

I decided to keep everything else simple as the image is so detailed so the panel is simply machine stitched onto the card base and then I added the sentiment on a tag with a little ribbon and a pin. The ribbon was coloured with a Copic marker to match the rose (it's a much better match in real life, dodgy light in Northumberland today!).

Stamps:
Rose (medium set from Clear Art Stamps by Crafty Secrets)

Paper:
Kraft
Black

Ink:
Adirondack dye ink by Ranger (Espresso, Latte)

Other:
Prismacolor pencils/OMS/Stump
Sewing machine and thread
Silk ribbon coloured with Rose Red Copic marker
Tags Trio dies by spellbinder
Pin


Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Sam & Poppy said...

That is really beautiful, Sam x

Karen said...

This is gorgeous Joanne XXX

Effie said...

Lovely card and beautifully coloured!

Gez Butterworth said...

Very beautiful indeed Joanne. Your colouring is amazing & it looks like you've stamped the image onto leather or is it just me. GORGEOUS. :)
Hope the pink wasn't too painful!!

Sid said...

A gorgeous creation Sam !!

Anonymous said...

always admire your colouring...beautiful card!

Janice said...

Very pretty, I haven't seen a pin on a card for a little while, nice to be reminded of using these embellies.

I will be thinking Pink at work.

Kaz said...

Gorgeous Joanne, I'm with Gez as I thought it looks like you used leather. Love the effect xxx

Caroline said...

Gorgeous Joanne...x
Really like the effect on kraft paper. I did have some Prismacolor pencils but they seem to spend most their time in Abi's room! Must get them back, lol...x

Carol Plume said...

what a pretty card...your colouring and shading is fab Joanne....hope the day improved for you xx

HannahBanana said...

Lovely card - the tag, ribbon and pin are beautiful.

sam21ski said...

This is fabulous, that image and the colours are stunning xxxx

Traceyr said...

Joanne that is stunning and coloured in with pencils too. You are a whizz. :)

Hazel said...

Just catching up on blogs - glad I came to look at this rose card - absolutely gorgeous x

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is absolutely gorgeous - stick with the Prismacolours when you get such glorious results with them! I've been using Pro Markers lately but much prefer your effect here,

Lucy x

Lavender Rose said...

The effect you have achieved with those pencils is breathtaking. It's a beautiful card and at first glance I thought you had stamped onto fabric.