Sunday, 2 August 2026

Link in the chain -- July

It’s the second of the month and that can only mean one thing — reveal day at Card Chain Challenge! There were 26 players this month, sending little bits of happy mail around the world. Mine has gone to Chris in Illinois this time.

From the options on offer I chose cocktails from the themes and ink blending from the techniques, aiming for a kind of “drinks by the pool” vibe.

As usual, it’s a one layer card so it’s light and flat for airmailing. I used reverse masks to blend inks inside the glasses for my cocktails and regular masks so that I could put one glass behind the other and use a stencil for the background. Not sure what the colourful cocktail on the right is but I found a picture online and used it as a guide! I used water to lift a bit of the colour from the ice cubes and a tiny bit of white pencil on the highest spots as well for highlight lines on each glass.

Stamps:
Cocktails (Visible Image)
Birthday (Letter It range by Ranger)

Paper: Bristol Board

Ink:
Versafine by Tsukinko (Smoky Grey, Onyx Black)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass)
Shadow ink by Hero Arts (Mint Julep)

Other:
Fibres Stencil (Visible Image)
White pencil
Gansai Tambi Starry watercolours (White gold)
Sequins
Corner Chomper

There are a few more days left to sign up for the August chain if you would like to receive some handmade happy mail. You just need to make one to send and you’ll get one for yourself:

No comments: