Friday 1 March 2024

Elements for March

First Friday of the month is always an "elemental" challenge at Daring Cardmakers — choose at least three elements from the inspiration picture to kickstart your project.

This month's picture has a very serene quality. I decided that leant itself to sympathy cards and since they're rarely in my stash and you inevitably don't really feel like making one when you need it, I went that way.

From the inspiration picture I chose some of the colours, the feathers from the dream catchers, the macrame made me think of this embossing folder and I used twine to tie the feathers together. The feathers are gently edged with Vintage Photo ink. 

Stamps:
Big Day Today (Waltzingmouse Stamps, no longer with us)

Paper:
Bristol board
Kraft

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Pearlescent Chocolate)
Tim Holtz Distress ink by Ranger (Vintage Photo)

Other:
Feathers
Linked circles
Nail art pearls
Crochet thread
Cropadile

Here's our inspiration this week:


Thanks for stoppig by!

7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful sympathy card, Joanne - just love the feathers atop the strip of embossing. Very serene and a great take on the inspiration panel too!! Well done on doing up cards ahead of time - I'm more the "make 'em when I need 'em" type when it comes to that occasion. Don't want to jinx it, if that makes me sound crazy....

Natty said...

Really nice card Joanne, the perfect stamp for the occasion too. It's one of my favourite WMS sets, I really should get it out for a future challenge.
Also, did you see that Claire is coming back with some new stamp designs (possibly dies/cut files too?)
The previews are on her IG account. We may be in trouble!

Claire Brennan Design said...

Oh my gosh!! Beautifully done, just the right tone for a sympathy card Joanne!

HilaryJane said...

i love this, it is just perfect xx

Wavejumper said...

This is a quiet classy card. Nice job.
hugs Margot

Kate said...

A very pretty card and perfect for a sympathy card! Had to pop by because I recognised one of my favourite sentiment sets (love the font in this set)! Hugs, Kate!

Miri said...

Your card is very elegant and pretty and it fits the inspirational picture perfectly. I also like(d) the serene look and the neutral and natural colours a lot!