Friday 23 February 2024

Whatever the weather

Kirsty is setting our challenge at Daring Cardmakers this week and she'd like to see all things weather-related.

I'm hoping I’ve gone for something unseasonal as I’ve chosen snow! I know it’s been unseasonably mild just recently and I hope we’re not going to pay for it with the sort of weather we had with the “beast from the east” a few years back. That was late February…

My stash of Christmas cards was almost nonexistent for 2023 so I’m determined to try to make a few more throughout the year this year. With that in mind I’m also joining Jo’s Christmas Kickstart where Gail is this month’s elf and the theme is “out on a limb” — things you’d find on a tree. My little birdie is literally out on a limb. She has a coating of Spica glitter pen for subtle sparkle too. 

Stamps:
Merriest Christmas Wishes (Hero Arts)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Memento Luxe by Tsukineko (Bahama Blue, Love Letter)

Other:
Copic marker
Spic glitter pen (red)
Snowflake die (Waltzingmouse Stamps, no longer with us)

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet cardinal in the birch trees, Joanne & I love your snowy background!!

HilaryJane said...

Love that blue background and the contrast with the red bird is just stunning xx

Wavejumper said...

Nice card!
I like the colors and pop of red with the bird and that she sparkles! :D And the thin red border.
I think it is wise to make Christmas cards all year.
hugs Margot

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Joanne! Just a perfect way to play our challenge at Christmas Kickstart. We're both so glad to see you in the gallery, Jo x