Saturday 2 March 2024

Card Chain Challenge — February

I’ve  been absent from the Card Chain for a few months but I’m trying to get back in to the swing of some paper crafting so I signed up for February to give myself a nudge. My card went to the lovely Hilary so it didn’t have too far to travel.

From the options on offer I chose the colours and the theme of flowers and revisited an old Hero Arts stamp, sticking to my usual CCC aesthetic of single layer. 

I stamped and masked then coloured one bloom with pencils and the background ones with grey Copics, added some charcoal pencil drop shadow and a fine border with a marker (drawing round the outside of a die makes it easy). Then of course couldn’t decide on a sentiment, took me ages to find one I liked in the space I had!

This took a lot longer to make than it should have done, I’m definitely out of practise, but it got there in the end. The colouring is richer in real life I think, the shading on the flower really didn’t want to photograph well but time was tight and it needed to go in the post  

Stamps:
Large Striped Flower (Hero Arts)
Sentiment from an old Cornish Heritage Farms set (no long with us)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)

Other:
Coloured pencils
Copic Markers
Charcoal pencil
Black fineliner
White paint pen by Posca

Thanks for stopping by. The sign up for the March chain is open until the 6th if you fancy making and sending one card, getting a lovely hand made card in return. 

9 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous design with the inked corner and pop of yellow flower, Joanne!! Glad you've returned to the Card Chain!!

Ellibelle said...

It's absolutely beautiful!

HilaryJane said...

This card is really beautiful, even more so in real life. It looks simple, but I can see a lot of work went into it, so I am not surprised that it took you a while. I am very proud to have it in pride of place on my shelf. Welcome back to the CCC xx

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful corner stamping of your lovely florals Joanne - So pretty with the highlighted yellow bloom and the blue shadowing! Julia xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great to see you back and love your beautiful card and flowers-love the sentiment too.
Carol x

papierelle said...

True sentiment and a very beautiful card!!

Wavejumper said...

What a pretty card! And what a great tip for using a die to get your lines in! I have to remember that.
Great color choices...the yellow really pops against the grey and blue.
hugs Margot

Arlene said...

I love how you focused on the flower. Lovely card.

Dotty Jo said...

So happy to see you've nudged yourself over to CCC again - it's lovely to have you back in our chain once again. Love your card. Hugs, Jo x