Friday 22 March 2024

So square

The lovely Shabneez is setting our challenge at Daring Cardmakers today. She’d like to see squares — square cards, lots of little squares as design elements, however you feel like incorporating squares!

I couldn’t really get going with anything this week so decided to add a Christmas card to the stash. Jo’s Christmas Kickstart has a green theme this month so I chose to play along there too. 

Santa’s dachshund has put on his best green sweater to deliver his Christmas greetings. He has lovely green trees in the background, too (dog masked before stamping trees). He’s on a square card with an inner square that looks surprisingly dimensional! I drew round a square die with a fineline marker then added some smudged charcoal pencil in the corners. His sweater has some squares in its pattern, too. 

This cute stamp was one of the Katzelkraft bargains I got ages ago but I’ve only just got round to using him — he made my hubby smile when he saw the card waiting to be photographed. There’s a lady in our village who has a dachshund that loves a fuss, Betty (the dog, not her owner!) has the softest ears you’ve ever felt, they’re like very expensive silk velvet!

Stamps:
Chien du Pere de Noel (Katzelkraft)
Lovely As a Tree  (Stampin’ Up)
Sentiment from an ancient set (MSE)

Paper:
Bristol board

Ink:
Brilliance by Tsukineko (Graphite Black)

Other:
Copic markers
Charcoal pencil
Pearl pen by Viva Decor (Ice White)

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet dachschund, Joanne - love his little green jumper and how you doodled the frame! Texture of snow looks amazing too!!

Wavejumper said...

Very nice card! I agree about the inner square looking dimensional. Smart use of a die. I love that dog. I think I have it but have not used it yet either...also on sale and maybe just for the dog...
But I digress...that is nice detail coloring on the sweater. And I like the snow effects too.
hugs Margot

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, Joanne! I now wish I'd bought this stamp when I saw it on offer a while ago. Enjoy fussing Betty next time you see her, and thanks for joining Meghan and me at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, hugs, Jo x

Arlene said...

So darn cute! I saw you joined Christmas Kickstart Challenge and had to come take a closer look.